Financial Trade Company Overview
One of the Singaporean multinational banking and financial services company, which is the largest bank in South East Asia by assets and among the largest banks in Asia. With operations in 17 markets, the bank has a regional network spanning more than 250 branches and over 1,100 ATMs across 50 cities.
Problem Statement / Goals and Requirements
- Goal was to create a regulatory reporting framework which can generate reports based on pre canned query. End users were top executive of Bank, mainly business user, not technical users.
- Reports should also be allowed to bulk generated and exported in various format like text, excel and PDFs.
- Framework should be such that adding new reports to it should not require code changes and could be done on the fly.
- Reports should capture the lifecycle of trade, once front office system passes the booked trade to back office system
- Report should cater to the different user group Marketing, Finance, Compliance, SecOps, Institutional, Retail
- Collaborative Data – Business users required to export the reports in such editable manner that additional data like target, projections and other data can be added to data from reports.
- Data Retention – System should allow a better control on retention period of data through minor configuration.
- Quick reports – System should have inbuilt queries, where user can simply click “Generate” to fetch reports with pre-defined queries, without having to create new queries every time.
- Audits – Reports are required for scheduled audits and regulatory requirements.
Solution – Key Highlights
- Developed a strong understanding of the trading domain and life cycle.
- Defined a downstream warehouse to an OLTP system.
- The back office data was stored in Oracle Data warehouse.
- Created a reporting framework with pre-defined SQL, using SAP crystal reports.
- Design, plan and milestones were validated at the start of project to make sure that all stakeholders are aligned. Agile methodology was adopted to fit the changing requirements of client.
- Provided on-site senior level technical support for every major release.
- Completed the development of framework within ~14 calendar weeks.
The Reports are pdf files with header sections indicating report id, name, index and the body contains the date. The reports can be sorted on columns and has report parameters on which it runs. The report also carry sub totals and rows totals.
More case studies on Reporting services
HashedIn provides consulting and professional services in business intelligence in finance and banking, reporting and analytics to help businesses derive actionable insights from various bits of data that is gathered. To learn how we can help you, contact us.