Banking Industry Company Overview
One of the Singaporean multinational banking and financial services company, which is the largest bank in South East Asia by assets and among the largest banks in Asia. With operations in 17 markets, the bank has a regional network spanning more than 250 branches and over 1,100 ATMs across 50 cities.
Problem Statement / Goals & Requirements
- Goal was to create a scalable reporting framework which can generate reports based on entered query. End users were top executive of Bank, mainly business user, not technical users.
- Reports should also be allowed to export in various format like text, excel and PDFs.
- Framework should be such that adding new reports to it should not require backend change in source code.
- Collaborative Data – Business users required to export the reports in such editable manner that additional data like, target, projections and other data can be added to data from reports.
- Data Retention – System allowed a better control on retention period of data through minor configuration.
- Quick reports – System has inbuilt queries where user can simply click “Generate” to fetch reports with pre-defined queries, without having to create new queries every time.
Solution – Key Highlights
- Create a reporting framework with pre-defined reports, with option to export the entire generated report.
- Integration of various tools and third party application using REST APIs to fetch data. If APIs were not available, developed extractor/parser to fetch required data from tool. Integration was also done with couple of internal tools of the bank, for which there was no documentation available. Additional, discovery phase was done to explore these internal tools.
- Design, plan and milestones were validated at the start of project to make sure that all stakeholders are aligned. Agile methodology was adopted to fit the changing requirements of client.
- Provided on-site senior level technical support for every major release.
- Completed the development of framework within ~14 calendar weeks.
A reporting framework that helps in auditing the system usage.
More case studies on Reporting Services
HashedIn provides consulting and professional services in business intelligence, reporting and analytics to help businesses derive actionable insights from various bits of data that is gathered. To learn how we can help you, contact us.